Need help urgently? Call 828-696-8263 for assistance.
All Community Members Deserve Access to Safe, Affordable Medical Care
Blue Ridge Health Street Outreach offers caring, one-on-one support to members of the unsheltered population, runaways, and other street youth, while also linking them to community partners such as Thrive and Vaya, who assist with housing needs. We operate on a housing-first model because we know that when housing needs are met, it becomes easier to help people seek care for mental health and substance use issues, as well as find and keep employment.
Located in a historic section of Hendersonville, NC, the 7th Avenue clinic offers an accessible and safe place to serve people who are living without shelter, while also providing healthcare in a convenient location for the general community.
Street Outreach Services Include:
• Making initial assessments of needs and eligibility
• Providing assistance in navigating a crisis
• Addressing urgent physical needs by providing nutrition, first aid kits, hygiene supplies, and more
• Participation in the coordinated entry system of the local Continuum of
• Evaluation, verification, and documentation of eligibility
• Developing, securing, and coordinating services
• Helping obtain federal, state, and local benefits
• Monitoring and evaluating participant progress
• Supplies to assist with communication barriers, survival needs, emergencies, and personal care
- Assessing participants’ health conditions and developing treatment plans
- Assisting participants in understanding their health needs
- Providing or helping to obtain emergency medical treatment
- Crisis interventions
- Explanation for the use and management of medications
- Medication and follow-up services
• Transportation and transportation assistance for people experiencing homelessness to shelters or other service facilities
• Bus passes
• Navigation assistance for challenging circumstances
BRH – 7th Avenue
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Clinic Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 1 – 5 p.m.
Care Coordination Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Outreach Hours: Wednesday and Friday 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Group visits available Monday and Tuesday afternoons.
Harm Reduction Unit
At Blue Ridge Health, we believe that recovery is possible for all. We operate under a harm-reduction model – a set of practical strategies and ideas aimed at reducing the negative consequences associated with drug use. The 7th Avenue clinic has a high-risk Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Program for patients that otherwise would not have access.
We are able to get patients in faster than other sites to start them on medications, and then we provide focused case management along with weekly visits to help them achieve stability. We then transition them out to other sites, where they are able to continue their recovery journey.