Frequently Asked Questions
PATIENT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- BRCHS will make every effort to schedule your appointment with your primary care provider every time you need to be seen in our clinic. Sometimes, an acute illness needs to be cared for prior to an available appointment. In these cases, we will try to schedule you as soon as possible with any available BRCHS provider.
- Urgent Visits - Established patients will be seen on our walk-in schedule for single urgent issues that need to be cared for on the same day. Patients should not expect to walk-in for care of chronic health conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure management, refills, or for a routine physical exam.
- For any of your medications that have refills left: Please call your pharmacy FIRST. This does not require a medical provider to review each time.
- For any of your medications that do not have refills noted on the container: Call your pharmacy to request refills a minimum of 3 business days prior to needing your refill. The pharmacy can send an electronic refill request to your medical provider. Check back with your pharmacy in 72 hrs to make sure they have received your new prescription. If your pharmacy has not received your new prescription, please call our offices.
- Controlled substances, including some medications for pain and anxiety, will only be refilled during an office visit with your primary medical provider and cannot be refilled automatically or by another medical provider.
- Appointments must be made one month in advance for controlled substances to ensure a timely refill.
3. Lab Results
- Lab results vary in the time they come back to your medical provider. You will be contacted through the mail, the CarePortal, or by telephone to inform you of your lab results when they are available.
- If you have not received your lab results within 2 weeks, please contact the clinic and ask to speak to a nurse.
4. Medical Records Requests
- Requests for a copy of your personal Medical Records and Immunization Records must be made in person (at the clinic) and signed by the person requesting the records. These types of requests can be processed at the time of the request. PATIENTS ARE ENTITLED TO ONE FREE COPY OF THEIR MEDICAL RECORD PER YEAR – AFTER YOU HAVE RECEIVED ONE FREE COPY, ANY ADDITIONAL COPIES WILL BE PROVIDED BASED ON CURRENT FEES.
- If you want an entire copy of your medical record sent to another medical provider, the new provider’s office must request your records on an approved records release form. Once the approved form is received with your signature or your designee, a copy of your record will be sent to the provider you have designated. BRCHS utilizes an outside medical records company for these types of requests. Please allow up to 30 days for your request to be processed. There is NO CHARGE to the patient for this service.
5. If you require the following paperwork to be completed by your medical or behavioral health provider, it will only be completed during a visit:
- DMV Medical Exam
- Sport's physicals
- School, Work, Camp Physicals
- Handicapped Parking Permit Requests
- Concealed Weapons Permits
- FL-2 forms
- Pre-operative clearance forms
THESE FORMS WILL NOT BE COMPLETED IF DROPPED OFF AT OUR OFFICE LOCATION WITHOUT A SCHEDULED OFFICE VISIT.